BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Struggle Well-The World is Watching

We live in a fallen world. Because of sin. Therefore, whether lost or saved, there will be suffering. I'm beginning to see that our response to suffering is a HUGE part of what sets us apart from the world, and a HUGE part of what points the world to Christ. Amidst suffering, the lost would tend to run to the world. Seeking to fill voids, fill wounds, medicate hurts and pains through temporary worldly relief. As believers in Christ, our response SHOULD be to cling to the cross. That SHOULD be an evidence that we have a greater hope and a greater joy. It's obviously NOT EASY to always cling to the cross, as I've very much learned over the past few weeks, but if our hope is in Christ, and if our hope is in something more than the world we live in, and if our hope is in the cross, we can suffer well, and proclaim the name of Jesus through our suffering. I want to do that. This is the only way I know how.

"For I consider that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory that is to be revealed to us."
Romans 8:18

"All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."
Hebrews 12:11

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."
James 1:2-3

"For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you may not grow weary and lose heart."
Hebrews 12:3

"we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."
2 Corinthians 4:8-10

"but if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed, but in that name let him glorify God."
1 Peter 4:16

"It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Thy statutes."
Psalm 119:71

"The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble, and those who know Thy name will put their trust in Thee; For Thou, O Lord, hast not forsaked those who seek Thee."
Psalm 9:9-10

"He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:3

"If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O King. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O King, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."
Daniel 3:17-18

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Still, blessed be the name of the Lord."
Job 1:21

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

"For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ."
2 Corinthians 1:5

"For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison."
2 Corinthians 4:17

"LET US THEREFORE DRAW NEAR WITH CONFIDENCE TO THE THRONE OF GRACE, THAT WE MAY RECEIVE MERCY AND MAY FIND GRACE TO HELP IN TIME OF NEED."
HEBREWS 4:16



WE HAVE A REASON TO BE JOYFUL!!! ONLY WHEN WE LOOK TO THE CROSS OF CHRIST!!! LET'S TAKE THAT JOY TO THE WORLD!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen. amen. amen.