BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Gird Your Loins

Sometimes fear drives me. So often, I find my joy being stolen because of overwhelming fears in my heart. So often I feel as though I am missing out on things, because of being paralyzed with fear. I know for me, that over and over throughout the day, I have fears that I tend to let become a reality, even though THE TRUTH is that they are not. Some particulars: I will never be able to provide for a family; I will never be able to find a wife, nor will I ever be good enough for any woman; I do not have enough talent to be the worship leader that I want to be; I will never get out of debt; I will never have as much Biblical knowledge or wisdom as those I deem knowledgable or wise; I'm a failure, and will continue to be. I could go on. But too often, I listen to the voices of these giants laughing at me, mocking me,telling me I'm not good enough, and let them take my joy, which ultimately only hinders me from these things, and from being used for what God wants to do in my life. I'm really tired. I'm really tired of believing these lies, because they hurt. Do I continue letting fear dictate my decisions, or follow His leading? I want to rest. I need to rest in who God says I am in Him.

Ephesians 6:14 (Armor of God)
"Stand firm therefore, having GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH"

After studying this, I found it interesting that our loins are considered our most vulnerable part. I tell you what; this is where I'm vulnerable. This is where I become paralyzed. Consider this battle that we are in. And consider fighting this battle with your most vulnerable part GIRDED WITH LIES. Almost certain defeat.

So what is TRUTH, and how do we GIRD OUR LOINS? Some examples of TRUTH:
-In the Bible, The Lord says a total of 365 times (one for every day I guess) "Do not fear," generally followed by His assurance that HE WILL BE WITH US WHEREVER WE GO.
-David was laughed at when he sought to fight Goliath. David won.
-Nehemiah was laughed at when he sought to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. He rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem.
-Noah was laughed at when he sought to build some random boat. He built it, and was saved.
-Joshua was laughed at when he sought to fight the battle of Jericho. The walls fell and they won.
-In the same story, (Joshua) those that were scared, and did not trust that God would be with them in the battle of Jericho, were made to wander around the wilderness aimlessly for forty years, accomplishing nothing.
-Romans says that "in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
-Again, the list goes on and on. (The Bible)

That is TRUTH. That is our protection. Although there are lies and fears that seem very real in my heart, they are ademantly against what would be THE TRUTH of God's Word. In order to rest in TRUTH, or to GIRD MY LOINS WITH TRUTH, I have to know what the TRUTH really is. Again, starts with the Word. So in the battle I face today, these song lyrics are my cry for you and me:

I pray that today, "We would choose to listen and believe the voice of TRUTH," because "the voice of TRUTH tells us a different story, the voice of TRUTH says do not be afraid, the voice of TRUTH says this is for His glory."


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it bro!